Sunday, August 23, 2015

Run!

Hahahaha, it can't actually be called a failure because at this juncture really any run is a success, but I did rather set myself up to fail on that one!

Had 40min on the schedule; alarm was set for 9, but really I only struggled out of bed closer to noon, and by the time I got out the door it was about 12:30. It's not grotesquely hot, but it's 80 and sunny and a little more humid than yesterday; my legs were incredibly stiff (we did calf raises on Thursday, that was part of it, but perhaps also just general stiffness from a week back at it - overnight whenever I got up to pee I was yelping as I tried to get my heels flat onto the ground!).

I ran down to the river but it is incredibly sunny down there at midday - I really prefer to do out-and-back along the river, but today I should have just said to myself at the outset that I was going to do 2 loops in "my" shady bit of park. So I turned back, and when I got back to starting point the clock was at 22:30 and I just didn't have it in me to turn around and do another loop (it was one o'clock and I obviously hadn't eaten anything yet - not underfueled or actively hungry, just with the mind running much more on farmer's market peaches and tomatoes than on staying out there longer!).

This is OK, I am thinking I'm going to TRY (we will see if it happens) to get to master's swim later - there's a 5:30 Sunday session at Chelsea Piers that it strikes me would be a nice thing to get on the calendar on a regular basis.

Anyway, 22:30 of very easy rather warm stiff-legged running....

No comments: