Thursday, July 23, 2009

Core!

Excellent first appointment with new trainer P.. I like her a lot - I think her yoga background also will be useful for targeting various weaknesses of mine, especially flexibility (we did some good stretching at the end). Best of all, we wrote in four more appointments, two next week and two the week after - I finally feel like I got on track with this!

(I'll have three sessions left out of this package for early September, and then I'll probably call it a day for now on the trainer business. Starting near the end of September I'll probably do that "core sculpt" class again - I kind of hated it, but I think it's good for me! Temperamentally I prefer the boot camp-style class, but I don't know that it combines well with marathon training, whereas core sculpt includes enough pilates-based stuff that it's the perfect complement. I also think the teacher is extremely good - my dislike for the class has nothing to do with her, just to do with the general fact of not liking dance-type stuff! Some of this depends on scheduling issues that are currently imponderable, so will wait for the fall semester voluntary phys ed schedule to be posted online - unlike non-academic gyms, the CU classes are offered on a semester-long basis; there's no drop-in option, so you have to pick something and stick with it. Better from a teacher's POV, I am sure, but less convenient from the exerciser's!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good. Glad this is going to fit the bill.

Unknown said...

Good. Glad this is going to fit the bill.