Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday TOB

A very good one with Triathlete L. - I had to rendezvous with her in any case to get back my wetsuit, which I will not use this weekend for the Aquathlon but figure it's worth using for the triathlon next week [not so much necessary in itself as useful practice for future races] - and we did some extremely nice Central Park loops, a bit faster than I would probably be going on my own but it felt very comfortable.

4 loops = c. 25 miles

Initially I was having a day of considerable scheduling complexity, and I decided not to swim this morning in the interest of getting a bit more work done, but the trainer has canceled (or more properly I should say he wanted to change the appointment from 5:30 to 6:30, but I had another obligation with which the new time would have conflicted), which is pretty much for the best - I'm sorry that he and I haven't gotten in a regular routine yet, but it will be better for me not to overdo it before this little race on Saturday. I'll meet him on Tuesday and Thursday next week, and will do sprints Tuesday but not Thursday so as to spare my legs for Sunday's race!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TOB!!! And a little faster is good!

Brent Buckner said...

Cute that the NYC Tri is "a little race"!

Brent Buckner said...

Whoops, I see that "this little race" is the Aquathlon.