Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NB

still under-exercised but less grumpy. I went to the bookstore and could not find anything I wanted to read, in retrospect a sure sign of overtiredness and underfueling. Had a very good dinner thereafter at Sardo (we had what is often the arrangement for large-group dinners, choice of a somewhat smaller selection off this menu, prix fixe style - I had the calamari ripieni, the grilled tuna with arugola and the panna cotta, and all were DELICIOUS, and it was not in fact a hugely nutritionally unsound meal, so that is good also - other, of course, than wine and dessert!), now feel significantly more human - will just do the handout for my talk tomorrow now, and then try and go to sleep and see whether an AM run is SUITABLE or HIGHLY UNREALISTIC - hard to say till I see what hour I get to sleep tonight. If I can sleep 7.5+ hours I will do it, otherwise will skip it and see whether or not I can fit in a run or swim between end of talks tomorrow and dinner (but it is a smaller time gap than we had today, so I will see how it goes and endeavor not to obsess about it).

(Hmmm, once I am home, a return to REGULARLY PROGRAMMED BLOGGING rather than NON-TRIATHLON BLOGGING OF HOMESICKNESS!)

(It is a good conference, too, with very pleasant co-conferencees!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmm! Grilled tuna with arugola!

(And yes, no obsessing!)