Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday run

3 miles only.

Much gnashing of teeth round here this afternoon - I had a slight sore throat last night, but put it down to allergies and/or long plane flight. Only in the early afternoon today did it dawn on me that the particular kind of heavy-liddedness I was feeling about the eyes could not be put down to jet lag; the frenetic sneezing and gratuitous post-nasal drip were the real giveaway...

ARGHHHHHHHHH!

Figured I'd better get a few run miles on the legs while symptoms are still neck-up. It is most annoying - I do not think the time in London was long enough for me to lose cardiovascular fitness, and in fact my legs have been feeling ridiculously energetic, as though they have had a very good taper and are itching for exercise. But that will quickly tip over into lost fitness if I am out for many days this week with a cold!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Run it out - that always seems to help - at least in my head :-)

Of course a day later I am hacking my lungs out...

ShirleyPerly said...

Welcome home! And hope you're able to shake that cold quick. Darn things always seem to pop up at the worst times.