Sunday, July 1, 2012

The puddle club

It was a struggle to get out of bed and motivate, but I did manage to do a 2-hour indoor ride on the spin bike at the condo today.  (There are a lot of traffic safety issues here, and B. has persuaded me - after a slew of accidents in which triathletes have been injured on their bikes due to careless driving - that even the Sunday-morning ride basically is more safely done with a car trip to the quiet side of the island so that all riding is on the East End loop.  Which ties up his morning as well as mine - I know he doesn't begrudge it, and I will probably do that at least once in August, but I don't need to bother with it on this trip!)

20min warmup

6 x 3min Z2, 1min recovery

6min easy spin

3 x 10min climb (alternating 2min seated, standing - Z2-3), 5min recovery

15min high-cadence in low-to-mid Z2

15 min cooldown

2:00 total

No comments: