Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday activities

It was a great yoga class yesterday - a lot of breathing and relaxation exercises, but very good coverage on all the other stuff you would want to do also - really we were at it for a couple hours. Lovely! If only MimiRock taught yoga in New York, I would do it every week...

And then I have had a very good run just now too. Down Midvale Avenue from my mother's house and along the river (same as the last bit of the Phila. marathon course - good memories!) past a couple bridges up to one that a map tells me is called the Columbia Bridge. A beautiful day for a run - sunny, clear, barely windy at all and probably up as high as the mid-40s.

Around the turnaround point I became uncomfortably aware that I was having stomach issues, and that I did not even have a wad of tissues or a folded-up paper towel in my pocket, let alone knowledge of a toilet along the course - but I had passed a couple porta-potties in a parking lot half a mile or so back, and when I arrived there on the way back it was my great piece of holiday good fortune to find one that was unlocked, only mildly but not excessively squalid (winter weather is better for these things!) and fully stocked with toilet paper.

The last bit back up Midvale Avenue to McMichael Park is am amazingly good training hill - it is almost a mile long, and quite steep! If I were going to be here for some more days, I would do some hill repeats...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MimiRock rocks! Glad your run did, too -- and that you had good luck with the Portalet!

Black Knight said...

A running Christmas: what a wonderful way to celebrate the "magic" day!
Merry Christmas and happy new year.