Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday run

6 miles easy

Lovely!

It is always a relief to me, after a couple weeks in which I've run so little, to learn that I still can run!

The lack of mileage has been on my mind because of an unexpected and thrilling change of plan re: spring racing. I am still only with the most sporadic and phasing-in-and-out borrowed wireless internet at home (thanks, E.!), so I will not write the lavish blog post to which my temperament naturally inclines me - but I am in fact going to run my next marathon on March 10 - and it is this one!

Brent has had a longstanding plan to run this race with his friend JK, who moves in an amazing travel vortex of unprecedented proportions - and I am going to join them! It is the trip of a lifetime!

More TK on training thoughts. Basically it is an endurance event, and cross-training will be more important than high run mileage per se - I am hoping it will snow a lot in NYC this winter so that I can go and do some really arduous and snowy and slow training runs on the challenging cross-country course in Van Cortlandt Park! But I need to be back on decent base miles as of this week - if I leave it much longer, it starts being rash not to build up again from much lower mileage...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Penguins! Skuas!

Now there's winter running motivation for you ...

Spokane Al said...

Wow - very cool - both literally and metaphorically.

ShirleyPerly said...

WOW!!! I've heard how tough this marathon is, and just getting there can be a challenge in itself. Now there are certainly no excuses for not training if it's too cold outside :-)

Lynn said...

aaaaaaaah! that's super amazingly wonderful! I can't wait to hear stories!

(orals: passed!)

Lynn said...

also, somehow blogger has decided my name is "boo."

-Lynn