Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday yoga

I had a yen to go to the last yoga class of the semester, of which I have missed every single one but the first (I had that hamstring injury, and then once it was pretty much better I was close enough to marathon time that I didn't want to add in something hard on the legs - also I often seem to be traveling on a Sunday, so it was not as convenient as I imagined).

Very good, too!

Part of my resolution for 2009 is to do more of the meditative/mental-health-type end of exercise - yoga for sure, but I also read a rather delightful kung-fu novel that made me thing I really should sign up for the kung fu class, I do not want to fight anybody but I think it would be interesting from a mind-over-matter standpoint...

Yoga teacher handed us each a yoga CD and instruction sheet, so I might try some at home over the holidays - she rightly says that 20 minutes a day (10 in the morning, 10 in the evening) is better than an hour once a week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Even 10 minutes a day is better than an hour a week. (At least that is my story and I plan to stick to it!)

Glad you had a good session.

ShirleyPerly said...

Indeed, martial arts has helped me tremendously mentally. What kung fu novel is that you are referring to?

intentsandpurposes said...

Wow 20min instead of an hour...I'll take it!