Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday run

Not quite the Antarctic conditions I was imagining - in fact by the time I got out the door, it was sunny and clear and in the low to mid-30s. Every path I ran on had been shoveled! Fiendishly slippery, though, so in that sense it was good practice - runners in the park were warning each other about especially icy stretches, which though heart-warming in a minor way was not especially useful, as almost everything was icy!

(Really I should have gone off-road and ran up and down hills of snow, but I had my mind's eye on the early sunset and wanted to get home in good time - I must see if I can take some advantage of the snow that is still piled all over the place, though. I wore my waterproof socks, only did not quite have the fortitude to step deliberately in puddles - I must take them out again later in the week and really do some puddle-stomping to see how effective they are...)

c. 7.5 - 8 miles (very slow, due to slipperiness - 90+ minutes of highly aerobic exercise!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fiendishly slippery is good training -- do you have Yak Trax yet?

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I always find I can never get my heart rate up when I am picking through ice - so those runs are never highly aerobic for me!