Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday swim

I am slightly mentally desperate for a run, but in the end I rejected both windows of opportunity today (early morning, mid-afternoon) - the imperative to keep on unpacking was stronger! And moving seems to disrupt mealtimes in a most dreadful way - I was too underfueled to go out in the afternoon, I had to eat instead - and my legs and feet are very sore and tired from all of this, so perhaps it was for the best.

I literally only have two boxes left to unpack (though the study is in some disarray, and all of this has been partly managed by dint of moving a ton of more or less unsorted stuff - probably 40 boxes' worth - to my real office, where I am very happy to let it sit boxed up for some more weeks). My mother and J. arrived in mid-morning and gave me some very solid practical help (and did various kinds of shopping!), but the moral assistance was of even more use - I did a lot more unpacking yesterday than I would have if I didn't know that my mother would have to do it for me today otherwise!

Only a half an hour to swim just now, but it was well worth it. I think this was it, might not be quite right:

200 free

100 back

100 right-arm, left-arm, catch-up, swim

100 free concentrating on technique

100 fly drill as right-arm, left-arm, full stroke, 3 on each side

100 back

100 free

100 breast

100 free

100 IM

100 free

50 back

1250 yards total

3 comments:

Becca said...

Swimming fine, but unpacking truly impressive.

Unknown said...

A lovely little swim. Moving = excessive cross-training!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'm planning on getting rid of all my belongings so I don't have to move them!