Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday TNYA workout

Surprisingly enjoyable swim practice - I think I only swam once last week, and for only a short time, but I felt pretty strong in the water this evening. I guess IM training is good for something after all...

There was at least one and possibly two wayward swimmers in lane 1, so I was relieved to find that lane 2 is back at what I think of as "normal" pace, i.e. my pace! There were four of us to start, but we lost first one and then another, which happily meant we could split the lane for the kick set!

I definitely feel better now than I have all day, which is good. I have to get up and swim early tomorrow at Chelsea Piers, then a morning work obligation, then do my long run between that and another work thing that runs 4pm through the evening; had been thinking I'd just do random continuous 1:15 swim in the morning, but perhaps I will dig out Gale Bernhardt and actually do one of these swim pace tests. I have been avoiding them because I have been swimming so slowly that there truly seemed little point!

300 warmup

6 x 50 free on 1:05
4 x 75 IM no free on 1:45
rest
4 x 100 free descending on 2:00
50 easy free
2 x 150 with middle 50 stroke (I did fly)

6 x 50 kick as 2 times through (1) build (2) fast-easy by 25 (3) non-flutter (I did whip)

2 x 50 fast on :55

50 easy

2100 yards total

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Doing the pace test when you are slow means you will only see improvement. That's always a nice ego boost :-) (after you get over being documented as slow...)