Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TNYA workout!

OK, that was fantastically good, it has given me a very strong sense of wellbeing (though probably I will crash shortly - tiring afternoon/early evening of workouts!).

There are times when it is bad for my morale to be in the "slow"/baby lane, but this was not one of them - the faster end of the pool was very full, lane 3 was overcrowded which pushed some faster swimmers back to lane 2 - lane 2 had six - so I was actually very delighted to go and circle swim in lane 1 with a swimmer who had fractured her spine last May and whose first time back in the pool this was. She stayed in for about 35 minutes, doing what she could (and lanemate M. was on deck coaching us, a luxury!), then I finished up the rest of the workout in solitary splendor. We had some very generous intervals to work with, though I missed a couple here and there due to chat!

warmup: 200 free

(Longer rest between each set that followed, but I have forgotten exactly what.)

4 x 25 fly on :40
4 x 50 breast on 1:30 (I did #3 and #4 as fly drill and free, inner hip flexors v. sore!)
4 x 75 back on 2:00
4 x 100 IM on 2:30
4 x 100 free on 2:00
4 x 25 free, first 2 on 2 breaths, second 2 on 1 breath (10 seconds rest)

1800 yards total (missed some time due to switching lanes and chatting, but also long rest - really I should be getting in c. 2400 on a proper hour-long workout, but it is easy to miss some time at the start). At any rate, it was an honest hour-long swim, as my training schedule requests; I am realistic enough to know that in many weeks, I will have to miss one or more workouts, but it is my goal for this week (which is the peak week of the first block of training, next week's a recovery week) to hit every workout!

No comments: