Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday run intervals

Slightly discouraged, as I upload my Garmin data, to see how slowly I am going during the zone 3 intervals! But there is nothing to be done about that other than keep on plugging away...

I meant to do this workout in the late morning, only when the moment came the skies were about to open forth - it did not turn into the full-blown thunderstorm I anticipated, but I seized on the excuse anyway!

Very chilly when I got out there this afternoon (I think it must have dropped fifteen degrees since this morning), and I had a bad few moments as I raised my wrist to the skies and waited for my Garmin to pick up the signal (the contemporary triathlete's equivalent of begging the gods for propitious hunting): I hadn't been able to find my second running glove, and had decided to dispense with them; I just had a very light jacket and capri pants; and I swear that for about two minutes the stuff the sky was pelting down at me was actually not rain but hail! My hands were already blue with cold, and I thought seriously and foolishly about going home instead and trying again tomorrow morning. But fortunately I got my GPS signal and started my warmup...

16 mins. warmup
5 x 6 mins. zone 3 run, 2 mins. recovery (walk)
4 mins. cooldown jog

1:00, 5.28 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate waiting for the GPS! I always wonder what people think about the girl loitering outside our building...