Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bike-run-swim

After yesterday's strange weather it is the most extraordinarily beautiful day today, more like April than June - up now to a high of around 70, but low humidity and generally putting me into an extremely good mood. (Also will see B. tomorrow, early flight to Cayman!) Was a little late leaving the house and had to shorten pre-swim run, but it was a good workout regardless (I like the playful yet efficient feel where you have one set of garb and can work out continuously, it's one of the things I'm keen on re: triathlon):

5mi bike to gym
:20 on treadmill as 1mi warmup @ 12:30 pace, then 3 x 1:00 @ 6.7, 6.7, 7.0 alternating with 1:00 recovery
1hr swim (c. 2200 yards)

Had lunch with a friend and her daughter, got my haircut and am back at the gym for powerlifting 5-6. Then I will ride home, shower and have dinner with my friend/former student/catsitter. Still slightly anxious about when I am ever going to get back to working properly, but it must have been a needed respite....

No comments: