Thursday, June 9, 2016

Squats!

I knew I was overdoing it with swimming, and it was predictably not a very good workout! I did better on the isometric hold ones with less weight. I am discouraged to think that really I might never compete in a meet (if I do it while I'm training with Josh he wants me to promise him 10 weeks with no other exercise - this may be somewhat negotiable, but really that's not an option for me!). The squat is much more strongly affected by fatigue from other activities than the other 2 lifts, so maybe we can come to a compromise agreement about a push-pull meet...

squats: 5 x 3 @ 100; 3-second isometric hold, 2 x 2 @ 45

Bulgarian split squats: 3 x 10 @ 10s

single-leg hip thrusts: 4 x 10

abs: 110

1hr lower body. Now gonna ride bike home - have eaten a bar as a precaution as low mood often also signals underfueling....

No comments: