Sunday, July 28, 2013

Run/swim!

Hahaha, I am RIDICULOUS - it is the running theme of this summer's blog posts that I have no willpower in the morning, either about getting up in the first place or about getting out of the house for a run once I am up. This morning was no exception! I meant to run 2hr early, then shower/refuel/digest before noon swim practice, but it was not meant to be. At some point I realized that really I could run with swim stuff in trail backpack and basically just run straight to City College after my Central Park loop, so that was what I did (if I had decided further in advance, I could even have eaten breakfast first!). Running at a snail's pace, but feeling fairly strong (it is very humid, not hot but moist); swimming ditto. Again moved from back of lane 5 to front of lane 6 when I saw the intervals: I think I am as fast as the slowest swimmer in lane 5, but really for endurance training it's better for me to lead on the intervals that give me a bit of rest.

Run: 9mi, 1:38

Swim:

Warmup: 100 kick, 200 reverse IM drill, 100 drill free-breast (I was a little late getting in the pool - had to get emergency Gatorade post-run and pre-swim!)

8 x 75 free, first four on 1:45, next four on 1:40

2 x 250 free on 5:15

4 x 25 stroke on 1:00

50 easy

3 x 200 free on 4:10

4 x 50 stroke on 1:30

50 easy

4 x 100 free on 2:00

50 easy double-arm back

2950 yards total

Slightly compressed schedule today, I have ONE more workout - a tri-bike-specific coaching session with Joanna in Prospect Park! Need to get out of here in 10 mins or so to make sure I am not late, the subway often takes FOREVER on a weekend day....

No comments: