Thursday, July 25, 2013

Swim!

I loved the workout this evening. I really wasn't feeling so good today - just exhausted, in spite of having slept on the late side, bleary-eyed, could have fallen back asleep at any juncture. Alas, it was a cool day but I missed the opportunity for a midday run! However I was determined to go to swim practice, I will have the opportunity for very few more over the next six weeks or so, and it was highly worthwhile - my fitness has snuck up on me gradually, I am not swimming very fast but I felt extremely strong in the water. When I saw the intervals for the lanes, I switched from back of lane 5 to front of lane 6, and that was a good choice, it meant I got a lot of rest but had to stay focused as I was leading.

Warmup: 250 (200 free, 50 back)

6 x 50 on 1:05 as 25 stroke, 25 free (2 x fly, back, breast)

Main set:

2 x 50 on 1:10
4 x 100 on 2:15
8 x 200 on 4:30
4 x 100 on 2:15
2 x 50 on 1:10

100 double-arm back cooldown, at which point I was sneezing so much and overcome with phlegm that I figured I'd better get out - my sensitivity to pool chemicals has not decreased, I think I may have to take some Benadryl to kill the histamines!

I was swimming strong but comfortable 200s in 4:00 exactly, it seems pretty reasonable. This is an ideal workout for the back-of-pack Ironman swimmer.

3150 yards total

No comments: